Thursday, October 30, 2014

Oblivion

“Some things are too filmy to be true. Like those couples who keep fighting but always end up together. And those enemies who, with the passage of time, come closer and eventually fall in love. Or that sick, hopeless girl who finds her true love right before she dies.

So do you need to be fatally sick? Or some hand of fate to be your guiding light to love? Or is it that Love can never be forever. I mean, we have to die, so it will die with us. No?

Eternity? Hah! Funny word. Forever, interesting, like Infinite, which nobody has ever been capable of measuring, and nobody ever would be, I guess.

‘The world is not a wish granting factory’, so true, Mr. Green.
Perhaps ‘Nightmares’ is our 'always'.

I’m scared. More scared than ever. And she’s scared too. But we’re scared for the same reason. Scared of her being hurt. She trusts me that I won’t. I trust myself that I will most probably end up breaking that trust.
Maybe it’s better off that way—oblivion. I wish she would forget me. For I can’t, ever.”
.
.
.

And that, was the last page of his diary, and his life.

2 comments: