Sunday, October 19, 2014

A merrier Diwali

So many lights, and so many yummy things to eat! I love it! And the fact that didi brings new toys, and accessories for me. They call it the festival of lights. But despite all this, I don’t like Diwali. Didi doesn’t take me out, because there is so much pollution outside. And people throw crackers on the road which scare me. Once a boy threw a cracker on the road while I was strolling outside and it burst right beside my foot. It hurt a lot, and didi put ice on my foot and had to take me to the doctor. The noise is very loud, and my ears are very sensitive so it becomes troublesome. I wonder how those people can stand so much noise. Even inside the room, with all the doors and windows closed, I have such a difficult time. And I can’t sleep peacefully for about a fortnight, from the Dushera festival till Diwali. The next morning when I go for a walk, it is very dirty everywhere. Papers all over which smell very bad.
But I am lucky that I have a home. My friends on the street have a bad condition. One of them can’t walk because his hind leg got ruptured in an accident when a car got off the road to save itself from a lighted cracker in the middle of the road and his leg came under its tyre. They have breathing problems because the pollution is very harmful to their health. It is sad that these humans are not empathetic towards us and just go on creating such noise and pollution which makes our festival miserable.
I like the extra bones that I get from various chicken dishes that are cooked around this time, but that happiness is overpowered by the difficulties in breathing and that unbearable sound of crackers.

If I was granted one wish, I would make all humans capable of interpreting my barks so that they can understand what I am going through and maybe my Diwali is merrier next year.

1 comment: