Friday, October 10, 2014

Need a friend.

I always called him my best friend. Initially he was so shy that he used to take permission on text before calling me. We shared a great bond. But then, he changed, his priorities changed. Now, he doesn’t meet me at all, and we don’t talk much. Seems like we’ve reached the expiry date of our friendship. So he’s not the one I could call when I need a friend.


She shares an obsession of equal magnitude for books and art with me. Both of us would go talk to every little kid we see across the street. I could really call her up and tell her what I feel right now. But I don’t share everything about me with her. She doesn’t even know most of the people I know, or let’s call it the people I think I know… She would be lost halfway through the conversation because she wouldn’t really follow the characters of the story. Hence I’m not really positive if she’s the one I could call when I need a friend.


He’s the purest heart I’ve ever known. He may have grown in size and all, but has the emotional thought process of a cute little seven year old. That’s probably what makes him so pure at heart. If there’s one person I could trust with anything, it would be him. But his life is his own. He talks to people when he wants to, and when he doesn’t, he won’t even answer their texts or calls. He has got an overwhelming mood-swing issue. And until he’s at least replying to your messages, you can’t really talk to the walls. He’s sure a sweetheart. But he’s a kid. And he’s never there to hear me out when I feel he’s the one I could call when I need a friend.


She and I have something more than usual friendship- the family friends thingy. We vent out our happiness, grief, confusion, frustration and so many things in that one hour we spend travelling with each other every day. Talking to her is always so refreshing for the mind. It’s a happy day for her, and my pain is so insignificant in front of her happiness. Plus we don’t share everything, we can’t… So I don’t want her to be the one I could call when I need a friend.


He is my inspiration. Close to perfection, a man of ethics. If the idea’s in his mind, he has already started working on it. He’s that efficient. He would hear me out if I’d ask him to, but then I can’t trouble him or, show him that I’m emotionally so broken. Because before him, I’m a changed woman. A stronger, more sensible, responsible, focused woman. And when I talk to him I feel all of that. Only because I forget this hole burning up inside me. Ignorance is bliss, indeed. He’s the one I would call for sensible suggestions involving sensible issues, so right now he’s not the one I could call when I need a friend.


She would call me up randomly in every fifteen days and talk about all that’s going around in people’s lives. My prime source of all gossip in town. I could really go hours and hours talking to her. I could actually spend so much time with her without even realizing it. But I cannot trust her with secrets. Because she is surely the kind of person with whom I would forget what time it is, but definitely not the one I could call when I need a friend.


He’s a mystery to me. It seems like he has a hold on necromancy. Risks-internal battles- inner conscience- morals- sensibility---everything goes down the drain when I’m with him. My insecurities keep pinning me but their voices fail to cross the soundproofing of the thing called love. He doesn’t want me to fall in love-love with him. But I do, and I can’t help it. I just want him to stay with me, with all his inhibitions; the girls he makes out with, the nicotine he inhales and everything he does. He’s the most complex shade of grey I’ve ever, ever come across. I’m still debating on the possibility of him being the one I could call when I need a friend.



She was a casual acquaintance at school. Then we were at the same college, and now we’re married. A typical Bollywood love story we have. But the fact that she’s my wife and she takes care of all the things in the family so well makes me rethink the idea of sharing all my worries with her. How can I trouble her further? She’s not going to be the one I could call when I need a friend…

Source: Strangers

3 comments:

  1. A friend in need is a friend indeed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A frnd is always a frnd :) whatever may happen., the bond may appear to be gone. But he feeling. Is always there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, but this reflects on our insecurities while considering the possibility of confiding in someone, friends, that is.

    ReplyDelete