Wednesday, March 2, 2016

No reason...

We’re always looking for reasons:
Reason to say what we feel.
Reason to do what we want.
Reason to spend time with someone we think we love.
Reason to join a college, or not do so.
We are doing that internship because we expect a certificate in the end. We’re playing that game of tennis to win, or to be fit, or to be able to add it to our resume as a ‘hobby’. We’re aiming at a big-shot company for the heavy paycheck and the fine dining.
We always want to be reasonable, and practical, and sensible.
Today I was walking towards the metro station thinking about the possible turns my life would take in the next few months- or years, when I was stopped on the sidewalk by voices; voices of a group of girls clad in their school uniforms. They came running to me. I was pulled out of my bubble of thought and I didn’t like it.
“Here” The youngest one presented me a little branch of flowers plucked from the roadside bush, followed by all others.
I was too shocked to react. “Thank you. “ I managed to utter and continued walking.
One step, two, three, four, five, six, seven. I turned around, traced the same path back to their spot.
“Why did you give this to me?” I couldn’t stop myself from wondering about the reason. “We study in that school across the road” The eldest of the lot said, pointing towards the other side of the road. “We give flowers to people while waiting for our bus here.” Chirped the younger one.  “Why do you do that?” I asked again.
“No reason. We have to wait anyway. This is fun.”

No reason.
And I couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot for the rest of the day.

 
Beautiful things happen is this world.

You know why? 


No reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment